Followers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reasons to be excited?

Alright so here is the scenario turns out after my interview Disney couldn't locate my application to begin the "next step" in the process. My heart almost dropped when I found out and I frantically said "I'll send you another copy right now!". Well turns out Disney was very nice about it they actually said it was a problem that they had created and was a very rare accident. I wouldn't take that though. I decided I would print out a new form and fill it out. But leave the old date on it. Everything eas fine and the interviewer told me not to worry and that if she doesn't get in contact with me to assume that Disney go the application. So in my haste to fill out and send in my application I accidentally forgot to check a few of the boxes in the personal data section. Worse part about it I didn't even know I didn't check them....Ugh...so fast forward to today at 3 phone rings...I look over and it says "Private Caller"...I'm automatically skeptical that it's just some telemarketer...so I answer
"Hello?"
"Hi we're trying to reach Michael Coleman"
"This is Michael..."
"Hi Michael this is (forgot her name) with the Disney Career Start Program following up on your application re-entry. You didn't answer some questions in the personal data section."
"Which questions were these? Where on the application?"
My heart dropped I thought for sure they were sick of me and my application problems and were going to recommend that I reapply next time.
"They are on the second sheet of the application. I'm just calling to get the answers."
I guess she could hear the nervousness in my voice.

After I answer the one or two questions she thanks me for my time and I think her for giving me another call to make sure it's right.

Now this may not seem like too big of a deal. But here is my thinking. They are obviously looking over applications and interviews. So why would they notify me twice that my application was wrong. No other business would do that. I have to think that Disney is putting a lot of care into this and it excites me that no matter how much bad luck I run into with this, I still have a shot!

So if you feel like you don't know if you're going to get in or don't know how you did. Trust me you have no idea what they're thinking because there's no way in the world you had a more confusing/annoying interview/application process than I did. Keep you heads up guys and buy some shorts because I feel like we're all going to Florida!!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. wow. That is crazy! I am soo excited now! Like, sometimes, during the exstensive waits, it seems as if they forget about you. But, with your story, clearly Disney is not like that! Woot! I'll bring the suntan lotion! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky! I seriously thought that same thought! No joke! Like, if you didn't get in, then they wouldn't care so much about your application, but if you did, then they have to get all your info JUST right.

    Also! Okay so I reeeaaallly don't want to jinx myself but I need to get this off my chest lol

    So my whole phone interview, basically sounded like I was already in. It made it seem like my phone interview was just to find out where to put me. You know? Like, all the questions she asked, wasn't really about why I want it (Although she of course asked that as well) but the questions were more about where to put me.

    Anyways! wow 2 calls! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you give me hope!! im def not as confident as Steph.. but things like this give me hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I figured you guys would be excited, I was in complete shock that they called me today. I'm liking our chances more and more as the days go by.

    ReplyDelete