Followers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Can't believe it...

How quickly life can change. I don't mean to sound sappy here and when everyone meets me I'll actually be myself and not so sappy. But I was sitting in the Social Security Office today to get a new card since my old one is half destroyed. When I realized...about a month or 2 ago I was working at Honda of South Carolina and was about to settle with a mediocre life. I was going to just work the rest of my life and go to Disney and stuff when I could. I was going to stay in Florence and just be another person who talked a lot about my supposed great future but not work at it. Fast forward to present day and I'm now counting down the 140 days before I leave Florence for a while. Before my life changes. It's amazing how life works and how things can seem so boring and dull before something amazing happens and makes you realize that you have no control over what happens to you.

More amazing than that is how a single man's vision is going to change so many lives. How Walt Disney even from the grave continues to be an inspiration to so many people and gives so many people jobs and opportunities they never thought they would have. I truly can't wait to get to Disney World because everyday going to work I have a chance to make someone's vacation so special that it will set it apart from anywhere in the world.

But probably the most wonderful thing about all of this is my Grandma Sammie Gardner...unfortunately she isn't alive to be with me in person to witness this amazing time of my life. However I know she is here in spirit watching over me and I know she helped me get this opportunity of a life time. She was like a second mom to me and if it weren't for her I wouldn't love Disney the way that I do. I'm dedicating myself to working as hard as I can in a way that she would be proud of me.

I know this is a little deep but I had to get it off my chest. I'm ready to meet you all this September and I can't wait to have all the new experiences that come along with living at Disney. So as Mickey would say "See ya soon!"

2 comments:

  1. That's so great, and to be honest I've been feeling the same way. I don't have a 'Grandma Sammie Gardener' in my life, but I totally understand everything you're saying. :) (Deep is good sometimes haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good post. You were very luck to have your Grandma in your life. I am so excited to meet everyone too! It's just been really crazy....at first i thought that I was going to go to college like everyone else....then I thought that I was going to stay here and go to Commmunity College...and maybe never leave...so this oppertunity is just so amazing!...Totally lovin' the Deep vibe..lol

    ReplyDelete